Monday, April 6, 2009

THE CROSS

It rests on the time line of history like a compelling diamond. Its tragedy summons all sufferers. Its absurdity attracts all cynics. Its hope lures all searchers. History has idolized and despised it, gold-plated and burned it, worn and trashed it. History has done everything but ignore it. How could you? How could you ignore such a piece of lumber? Suspended on its beams is the greatest claim in history. A crucified carpenter claiming to be GOD on earth. Divine. Eternal. The Death-Slayer. Never has timber been regarded so sacred. No wonder The Apostle Paul called The Cross event the core of The Gospel (1 Corinthians 15:3-5). Its bottom line is sobering: If the account is true, it is history's hinge. Period. If not, The Cross is history's hoax. As you ponder Christ on The Cross, What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

izonprize said...

MY THOUGHTS ON THE CROSS?
SO GLAD YOU ASKED, CARLY!

The Great I AM

Who knew me before He created the world;

Planned for my redemption,
while I was yet a sinner,
even born of a sinner;

By leaving His Lofty, Royal Throne
and lowering Himself to be born as a helpless human infant, of a virgin, no less;

Because only a blood relative, a Kinsman-redeemer, can purchase another person from slavery;

And I was indeed in slavery to sin
and in need of this Kinsman-redeemer;

So, the Great I AM crashed into the world of sin-sick humanity, of whom I am chief, and loved not His own life, even unto death, even death on a cross;

To pay my debt owed to God, which debt was death;

For all have sinned and fallen far short of the glory of God;

And because the only just and right penalty of sin is death;

By the shedding of His own blood, for only the pure spotless blood of a lamb can atone for this type of sin, for life is in the blood;

The Great I Am, came to planet Earth, born as the Lamb of God, as the Son of man, for the sole purpose of Death for my sin, even yours, even death on a cross--the most humiliating kind;

With His human flesh exposed for all the world to see, for me,for you;

He gave His UNIQUE life, that I might live, and you, if only we BELIEVE,

And I do.

Not only that, but hallelujah, the cross is empty, as He was resurrected on the Third Day;

Just as He promised His disciples, just as was prophesied hundreds of years prior to His miraculous birth, which was also prophesied;

And because of the cross,and because I choose to believe, I died with Him, was resurrected to newness of life, now it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me;

I no longer have to fear death, even the sting of death and hell, because Jesus tasted death for me, even for you, because we simply have faith to believe it;

Faith that HE gave us,by the way, so that it is not us who can boast about our own salvation, but everything is from Him and for Him and back to Him;

All because of that beautiful act of His obedience to our Father,

ON THE CROSS!

Love ya! Leeanna