Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7 words

can you do it? can you write a profound (or maybe not so profound) prayer in 7 words?

i think about Jesus when he said:
Your kingdom come, Your will be done.

7 words.

sometimes when we pray we get too caught up in the word game and not really in the heart game. God's not after our words - if He was, He would have made a few more geniuses like CS Lewis.

i've been thinking about mine...
i think this is probably one for right now:

Give me the strength to live today.

or maybe

Thank You for Your love for me.

or maybe

I'm so very sorry. Please forgive me.


what are yours?

3 comments:

susan livingston said...

love it! How about ' Sandwich me between your mercy and grace"

Theocaching said...

Show me life is not about me

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

Rock their cradle when I'm not able.