Friday, July 26, 2013

Better Than OK

I'm a passionate person.
I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it.
(Sometimes I feel like I should've been Italian because of it, but that's besides the point.)

There isn't much that I can't get really passionate about with a little bit of time...
I'm passionate about all forms of art. I'm passionate about sports. I'm passionate about what I get to do for a living. I'm passionate about bridging the gap between culture and Christ. I'm passionate about the people I love. I'm even passionate about making sure everybody tries a bite of my food if it's awesome. (and don't get me started about Cheeto, my dog)

There's something about that uncontrollable feeling welling up inside of me that, well, wells up inside of me. I can't get over it. And you know the feeling... it's that feeling when it just 'clicks' and you feel like your body is about to explode... or implode... or do something that is completely foreign to the mundane, ordinary, everyday routine of life.

I hate routines.
I hate the ordinary.
I hate the mundane.

I think that one of the "tricks" of the enemy is to take the passion out of life.
To tell us that the ordinary is normal and that normal is ok... and that ok is ok.
The world is ok with ok.
But the problem with ok is that Jesus promises us a life better than ok.
He promises us a life that is better than anything we could dream of. 

And I think that the danger for those of us who follow Christ is that we could normalize the abnormal.
To make the supernatural seem natural.
To take the awe from the awesome.
And to stop feeling the Presence of the God who never leaves us.

I think I've let the passion slip a little from my life lately.
I think that I've let other voices scream louder in my ears instead of listening to the Voice that spoke creation into existence.
I think I've let others ideas of who I should be, steal from who He created me to be.
I think I stopped living for a little while and was merely existing and functioning and thinking it was ok.

I don't want ok.
I was created for a life that's better than ok.

So, here is a silly question.
What are you ok with in your life that isn't ok?

No comments: