Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the word of the day

is totally perseverance. everybody ive talked to today - including myself - is needing a supernatural strength... patience... perseverance... something! the enemy is attacking and oh it would be so easy to give up and run away.

aint gonna happen.

yesterday, what started out as a defeat, ended up in victory. i havent forgotten about that. Thank You.

I don't remember everything that happened yesterday in my TPM session, or what was said, but one of the things i DO remember is that it was a victory. God promised me rest - and He gave it to me. i got 5 hours. R O C K O N.

but then life happens
and rain (with car doors not secured tightly so it leaks in) happens
and work happens
and fasting happens
and rabbits happen
and dirty looks happen
and having to clock in happens
and not doing beth moore homework happens
and inconsiderate bosses happen
and the world happens...

im so sick of the enemy trying to make things happen

I can remember during my prayer time yesterday saying that I havent come this far to not choose well.
so here we go: i choose to rejoice.

Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

the Message puts it like this...

We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!

passionate patience... never feeling shortchanged... can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit...mmmmm... i could read and reread that line all day long. maybe i will.

God I need You today. My friends need you today.

I pray against any headaches and feelings of being light headed. Give some of Your strength like never before to persist and persevere... this is for You. I pray for joy - for laughter - for peace. Peace for friends that are with family that havent always been healthy... for it to be refreshing and not stressful. I pray against the warfare taking place and for a quick selling for a specific house and for a husband's health on his birthday. I pray for discernment for all of us - God, to be able to see You and experience the things of You in everything that we look at, touch, listen to, or speak... I pray for focus. Incredible focus. It's embarrassing Lord... At least let me focus on You if nothing else, ok?

Lastly, I beg You to breathe peace... breathe Your peace on us so that we might breathe YOU deep.

God You are our victory and You are here.

2 comments:

izonprize said...

I love it all!!! Every word!!!
BTW...not sure about the other prayer requests you had today, but the one you prayed about the husband feeling good for his birthday? ANSWERED! CHECK!
TDIAL (the devil is a LOSER!!!)
WATCIN (We are the Champions, In Christ!)
Yea God..another one for the team!

julie schmale said...

Carly,
I wanted you to know that the trip to Missouri went very well. Healing happened all over the place. Lots of long open conversations with both siblings. My dad seemed so glad to have me there and much more peaceful when I was there. I had conversations with his wife and conversations with my mom. Families can be so complex and weird, but its all good. God was there in the midst of it and He was very very good to me. Thanks for the prayer. I love reading your blog and hearing your heart. You are doing well in the journey my old soul friend. You need to give yourself a break because you really are doing well. Real life happens in the valleys. You are experiencing growth, sometimes it isn't comfortable...pruning and new growth is essesntial for fruitfulness...trust the one who cares deeply about your fruitfulness. You are loved