Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the God of the miracle

You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. You are the God who gave sight to the blind, gave the deaf the ability to hear, raised the dead. There is no other god that can do those things. My God is mighty to save. You are the same God who did these things years ago. I believe You hold that same power today and that You can perform miracles on a daily basis. Right now I'm believing for one in specific.

I remember, when i had just decided to really turn my life around (yet again) and after You had healed me, sitting outside on the back patio smoking a cigarette, really wanting to experience You again. I remember asking You for a shooting star - something that i think is probably the coolest things that You do up there... and when i get to heaven, i want to know if maybe You can let me launch one..? Anyway, it was such a clear night and i thought, if i could just SEE You, than id feel you... so i ask... and i wait... and then i said please... and then BOOM - across the sky shot my star... all i needed was a little bit of manners i guess to make it work..! i didnt need any super spiritual Christianese - i just needed to say please!

well, God, it is with that same faith that i sneak into your throneroom. i know its late - but i feel like You and i are on the same sorta sleep schedule... please turn the electricity on at my friend Natasha's house. (and on a separate note, thanks for bringing her into my life.) but God, back in the day, all you had to do was speak and light came into existence... could you do that again? Now? i would love to start the day off tomorrow (um... ok today) knowing that You, the God of the universe, had listened to us and moved on our behalf. That would be so stinkin awesome. we just want to see You do Your thing. send us a shooting star in the form of electricity and air conditioning. Im asking for a miracle.

Please..?

1 comment:

julie schmale said...

yCarly, I love it that God arranged for you and Natasha to be friends.I am saying a prayer that her electricity is turned back on soon too. I loved getting to hug you tonight. There were so many good things that came out of Ike. Just think about it...Looking forward to hear what you are learning. I will keep checking your blog.