Thursday, September 18, 2008

what i got

Ephesians says this about me...
- in Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on me with all wisdom and understanding.
- He is making known to me the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ.
- In him I was also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
- I was also included in Christ when I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation. I believed this - so here I am baby... signed, sealed, delivered...

I was dead in my transgressions and sins... but because of his great love for me, God, who is rich in mercy, made me alive with Christ... it is ONLY by grace I have been saved.

I must live a life of love, just as Christ loved me and gave himself up for me. This is SO important to me.

I will be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.
I will put on God's armor - all of it... so that I will take a stand against the devil's schemes. I will be able to stand my ground, and after it hits - still be able to stand. My struggle is against the enemy alone.

Belt of Truth - belts are meant to be wrapped around your waist - tightly - holding everything up...
Breastplate of Righteousness - to cover my torso, my heart... keep my heart from unrighteous things - it's the wellspring of life, right?
Shield of Faith - believing that the attacks and arrows the enemy uses will be repelled and not penetrate
Helmet of Salvation - to consciously remember that I am His... I am saved...
Sword of the Spirit - the word of God... knowing the word, and believing the things that i've written above, will be my ammo

So, where does this leave me? It leaves me wanting to believe this. It leaves me wanting to run to the local armor store and purchase the stuff - the real stuff... and not the cheap stuff either. I don't want to settle for the generic brand breastplate... or an aluminum foil helmet. But unfortunately I think this is what I've done. I went to Walmart to get my armor and I was looking through the sale racks...

I haven't taken this seriously. Have you? I mean, how often do we wake up and make the decision to wrap the center of our body with truth for the day? How sharp is your sword? If the word is sharper than any double edged sword, why does mine feel like a toothpick?

How's this for being real for tonight?

No comments: