Tuesday, November 4, 2008

you can't handle the truth

Here's the funny thing about truth... If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

You don't have to remember what story you told to what person and if today's story is going to match with the one you tried to remember last week... truth is essential to authentic relationships and transparency is golden. I have a core of people who know everything about me. Everything that I've done and everything that's been done. There is nothing to hide from this core. There is such freedom in that.

So, as you can see, I've been on a truth hunt. Maybe it's because today is election day. Maybe it's because I continue to hear stories about me that even I was unaware of. Maybe it's because I continue to find out that people are so comfortable with lying - especially if it can benefit them in the slightest. We hear all the time that the truth will set us free... well, i want freedom.

This is what my boy Oswald Chambers has to say today...(i love how God ordains certain things sometimes)

"Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:8

It is essential to give people a chance of acting on the truth of God. The responsibility must be left with the individual, you cannot act for him, it must be his own deliberate act, but the evangelical message ought always to lead a man to act. The paralysis of refusing to act leaves a man exactly where he was before; when once he acts, he is never the same. It is the foolishness of it that stands in the way of hundreds who have been convicted by the Spirit of God. Immediately I precipitate myself over into an act, that second I live; all the rest is existence. The moments when I truly live are the moments when I act with my whole will.

Never allow a truth of God that is brought home to your soul to pass without acting on it, not necessarily physically, but in will. Record it, with ink or with blood. The feeblest saint who transacts business with Jesus Christ is emancipated the second he acts; all the almighty power of God is on his behalf. We come up to the truth of God, we confess we are wrong, but go back again; then we come up to it again, and go back; until we learn that we have no business to go back. We have to go clean over on some word of our redeeming Lord and transact business with Him. His word "come" means "transact." "Come unto Me." The last thing we do is to come; but everyone who does come knows that that second the supernatural rush of the life of God invades him instantly. The dominating power of the world, the flesh and the devil is paralysed, not by your act, but because your act has linked you on to God and His redemptive power.


Can we just take a moment to really meditate on that....

The feeblest saint who transacts business with Jesus Christ is emancipated the second he acts; all the almighty power of God is on his behalf.

When you tell the truth, you create the possibility for more truth around you. Period. the truth will set us free... the truth will set us free...

It seems like for the majority of my life, I have been doubted. i have wasted the last 11 years defending my character and defending my story and im not really sure why. What's the point? People are going to say what they want and attack who they want regardless of what is true.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

This is not a debate of absolute truth vs relative truth... im not Plato and I don't claim to be a philosopher. But I do know this:
The thief comes to kill steal and destroy... and he also comes to deceive and lie and distract... there is only one enemy.

Psalm 15:1-3
LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

Psalm 15:1-3 (The Message)
God, who gets invited to dinner at your place?
How do we get on your guest list?
"Walk straight,
act right,
tell the truth.
"Don't hurt your friend,
don't blame your neighbor;
despise the despicable.

God, whatever is true and noble - let me think on THOSE things. I don't want to waste my time with liars and lies and the sin that so easily entangles. Forgive me for my part.

No comments: