Wednesday, January 28, 2009

open up the sky

I couldnt help posting this tonight. I had heard this song on the radio one morning in my trek to church and felt the anointing drop THICK in my car. i know at this point of reading my blog, youve looked up to see if you were reading carly beee's and, sure enough, you are... i said it. i couldnt remember who sang it, but knowing me, id find out. At Beth Moore tonight, they led into this "new song" that was supposed to be sung over as as a prepare-your-hearts sorta thing. as soon as the opening piano line played (you'll see what im talking about in a second) i knew what it was, and my arms just flew up and i was probably the only one in the room belting it out from my gut until everybody caught on. im telling you this:
its good. and its powerful. and its true. and its the absolute cry of my heart.

being satisfied with anything less than ordinary... or even ordinary itself... is not what, or where, God has called us to be living. And one of the cool things about Him, is that if He shows up the way the song asks, how completely UNordinary is His Presence! and just His Presence alone really is more extravagant than any blessing we could get.
Lord, i dont want Your blessing if i have Your Presence. and to be honest, im really good with that.

here are the lyrics, and below that is the video of the song. enjoy

Our beloved Father please come down and meet us
We are waiting on Your touch
Open up the heavens shower down Your presence
We respond to Your great love

We won’t be satisfied with anything ordinary
We won’t be satisfied at all

Open up the sky fall down like rain
We don’t want blessings we want You
Open up the sky fall down like fire
We don’t want anything but You

Our beloved Jesus we just want to see You
In the glory of Your light
Earthly things don’t matter they just fade and shatter
When we’re touched by love divine

Here we go let’s go to the throne
The place that we belong
Right into His arms


1 comment:

izonprize said...

This song is changing my life!!! Thank you Carly for being here!
You are truly my new song hero.