Tuesday, August 17, 2010

coffee, community, Christ

i was in africa last week. i was in london last week. i was in houston yesterday. i am in ft. worth today.

what?! thats so stinkin weird... culture shock? yes. but God is teaching me about the Kingdom of God today. Kacy, you said i would now have to LIVE in the Kingdom of God, because no other place would feel like home... you are so right. eish.

God, Your Kingdom stretches over the earth, and beyond, and I am so amazed by You.


Just had a senior staff prayer time with New River and it was incredible. We sang, we worshiped, we communed with each other and with God... it was beautiful. We just split up to go spend some alone time to hear from Him - for me it's to get inspired, to be still... to shut out the world and listen...

I play a game with God called "shuffle" in which i put my ipod on shuffle and let Him speak to me. He always wins. so just now, as i sit on the back porch of crenshaw's house, sipping on my coffee, having some Jesus time, He just started playing God of This City... sigh. This is one of my africa songs... You are so cool God.

There is no one like our God...

i was speaking to the staff here and the phrase "chaotic movement of God" kept pouring out of my mouth... it's what i saw in africa, and its what i still see here. they shared about just this week they got to lead a church member in their life group to the Lord. how beautiful. we assume that people in life groups are already 'believers' but don't be confused... you can believe in God, you can believe in the power of community, and not follow Jesus. big difference.

Greater things are still to be done in this city...


And all the cities around me... i think about my people in africa. my africa. God is so evident there in you. i experienced a different Jesus through you. Thank you. I think about my people in Houston... i see Jesus in you regularly. I think about my people in Weatherford/Ft. Worth/Dallas... i see Jesus in you today and every time i'm here. God is a God over a Kingdom and all the earth is His. I am so honored to be able to travel and experience Him in different people, different cities, different ways. I have the coolest job EVER.


I lift my eyes to You Lord - where my help comes from... in Your strength I will continue to press in and press through... breakthrough Lord... through every storm and every doubt and every fear... I pray for breakthrough...

Thank You God for Your chaotic movement. Please don't let me stop seeing it. There's just something about You Jesus that I can't quit...


more to come...

1 comment:

Kacy said...

Love it. Love it. Love YOU.

Played the shuffle game this morning... twice... He kept choosing the same song. Undone by Mercy Me.

I'm happy you have Jesus-people all over the world. And praying that, through them and through Him, you have the freedom to be undone.

Because... come on, who REALLY wants to be "done"?