Friday, March 18, 2011

Honey, I'm... Where Am I Again?

Well, last week at this time, I was sitting in my African cottage with my person. Today I am sitting on a patio in Weatherford, TX. I had just a couple days in Houston… only to pack, say goodbye, and move. I’m not going to pretend this was easy. It wasn’t. It isn’t.

So much change and I’m not even talking about the time zones, although that is just now starting to seem normal again. Faces, schedules, zip codes, roads, and radio stations are different.

I couldn’t have come up with this on my own. Moving is not something that I consider to be in my Top 7 and saying goodbye is always so hard. But here I am.

Jesus, You called me and created perfectly. You know me. You’ve always known me. You will never forsake me either. That’s true and that’s a promise I can stand firm on.

Psalm 139:16 (MSG) Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

Jesus, thank You that Your plan is WAY better than my plan. Thank You for leading and directing me.

Where do I even begin?
- I have learned (again) that I was created perfectly. My intensity, passion, desire for intimacy, and intentionality is not a mistake.
- that I am worth more than a sparrow… and the animals that I saw on an African safari – no matter how magnificent they are.
- expectations are tough and I can’t expect people to act/react/handle things/love the way that I want them to.
- there is a real spiritual battle taking place.
- I am a bridge for the Kingdom of God – connecting people to their Kingdom stories.
- when Jesus restores – He restores things to a ‘better than before’ type of new.
- I’m worth it. (and so are you)
- God’s love is more than conditional, for it is intended to change those who receive it. And now I can begin to change, not to earn love but because of love. love. oh man. Love is strong.

So that’s where I am today. No big deal, right? He he he.
But that’s also where I am with this move.
It’s not easy, but it’s essential.
It’s an obedience and a response to a call.
It’s an ‘if I don’t, who will’ sort of thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm speechless. I can't believe that you moved...so suddenly...but I know that God must have called you to make this change in your life, and obviously you obediently listened. I love and miss you already. You are so loved by all of us here in Clear Lake. Weatherford is receiving a real treat. A red headed piece of work! You are so special and I know that God has something REALLY big in store for you. Love your stories/pictures of Africa and I look forward to hearing about all of your Weatherford adventures too! Hugs and kisses!!!! Tehren

Anonymous said...

i read your whole page and im amazed at all you do, you made my day. j.few